In this post, we’ll see:
How to Create a Folder in Windows 10
Keep in mind that not only folder but all the below methods can create a sub-folder too. Let’s get started.
You can create a new folder using the keyboard shortcut and here’s how:
- Go to the location you want in Windows 10.
- Press Ctrl, Shift, N keys at the same time. Now you can see a new folder.
- Provide the new name you want and then press the Enter key. Or keep the suggested name for the folder by pressing Enter key.
- Right-click on the blank area in the location you prefer.
- Hover your mouse over New. Click Folder.
- Now, you can see a new folder with the suggested name. Press Enter key to keep the suggested name or provide a new name and then press Enter key.
- Go to your preferred location in the File Explorer.
- Click on New folder in the Quick Access Toolbar.
- Now, you can see a folder with the suggested name. Keep the name or change the name.
- Go to the location you want in the File Explorer.
- Click the Home tab in Ribbon and then click the New folder icon.
- You can see a folder now. Keep or change the suggested name for the folder.
- Launch Command Prompt.
- If you want to change the path, type cd, hit the Space bar key and then provide the path you prefer. Hit Enter key.
- Now type: md foldername
- Replace the foldername with the folder name you want and then press the Enter key.
That’s all. You can see the folder with the name you want in the location you prefer.
How to Create a Folder in Android
- Open the Files app in your Android device.
- Tap Browse if you’re not in it already.
- Tap Internal Storage or your SD card, which you can find at the bottom. I chose the former.
- Go to the location where you want a folder.
- Tap overflow menu (three vertical dots) > Add new folder.
- In the pop-up, provide a name for the folder and then hit the Create Folder button.