In this post, we’ll see how to create a folder in Windows 10.
Keep in mind that not only folder but all the below methods can create a subfolder too. Let’s get started.
You can create a new folder using the keyboard shortcut and here’s how:
Go to the location you want.
Simultaneously press Ctrl + Shift + N keys. Now, you can see a new folder.
Provide the new name you want and then press the “Enter” key or keep the suggested name for the folder by pressing “Enter.”
Right-click on the blank area in the location you prefer.
Hover your mouse over “New.” Click “Folder.”
Now, you can see a new folder with the suggested name. Press “Enter” to keep the suggested name or provide a new name and then press “Enter.”
Go to your preferred location in the File Explorer.
Click on “New folder” in the “Quick Access Toolbar.”
Now, you can see a folder with the suggested name. Keep the name or change the name.
Go to the location you want in the File Explorer.
Click the “Home” tab in Ribbon and then click the “New folder” icon.
You can see a folder now. Keep or change the suggested name for the folder.
- Launch Command Prompt.
- If you want to change the path, type cd, hit the “Space bar” key and then provide the path you prefer. Hit “Enter” key.
- Now, type the following: md foldername
- Replace the “foldername” with the folder name you want and then press the “Enter” key.
That’s all. You can see the folder with the name you want in the location you prefer.
Like this guide? Share it with your friends.
- How to Change File Extension in Windows 10
- How to Hide Folder Merge Conflicts in Windows 10
- How to Restore Previous Folder Windows at Log On
- How to Hide Folder Size Information in Folder Tips
- How to Create Multiple Folders at Once in Windows 10