If you want to change the icon of an app, then you can do it in many ways on android. In this post, we will see two simple and different methods to change icons on android.
The first method is using the launcher and the second method is using the app. Both these methods works on the rooted and non-rooted devices. Let’s get started.
Change App Icons on Android
- After you installed and setup the launcher, long press an app icon on the home screen for which you want to change the icon.
- In the menu, choose the “edit” option.
- You can see a small popup window.
- Click on the icon in the popup.
- In the select theme screen, choose the icon you prefer.
- Select an icon and you can see that the icon you select is now assigned to the shortcut.
- Tap the done button and that’s it.
Restore Icon to Default
If you want to get the default icon, do the following steps
- Long press the icon and choose edit.
- In the popup window, tap the icon.
- Now, select the default icon under the “common” section.
- Tap done button.
- Open the app.
- Navigate to “applications” section.
- Tap the app for which you want to change the icon.
- Click on the “tap to change icon” option.
- Choose the icon type.
- In this instance, I’m using “themes/icon packs” option.
- Choose the icon you want.
- Click on the create button and that’s it. Now, you can see the app shortcut with the icon you choose on the home screen.
If you find the information in this post useful, please share this post with your friends.
Which method do you prefer to change android app icons? Are you using any other apps? Let us know your thoughts.