In this post, we will see the steps to change theme on Gboard (Android and iPhone). Let us start.
Change Theme on Gboard (Android)
- Open Settings app.
- Hit System > Languages & input > Virtual keyboard > Gboard.
- Tap Theme.
- Now, you can see the themes (available ones are colours, landscapes, light, and dark gradient) choose the one you prefer.
- Enable Key borders if you prefer border for the keys.
- Hit Apply button.
You can set the image on your Android device as theme and this is how you can do that:
Follow the above steps 1-3. Hit the + icon at the top.
Now, you will be in the Recent section of the Files app. Select the picture from its location.
Bring the part of the image you like to set as the theme within the rectangle. Tap Next button.
Adjust the brightness using the slider. Hit Done button.
Now, enable the Key borders if you wish and then hit Apply button.
In the Gboard, you can see three horizontal dots. Hit it. Tap Theme. The rest are the same as above method steps (4-6).
Change Theme on Gboard (iPhone)
- Open Gboard.
- Hit Themes.
- You can see the themes now (available ones are colours, landscapes, light, and dark gradient). Choose the one you prefer.
- Customize the one you chose by hitting the Pencil icon on it. You can see many options such as background, keys, key pop-ups, and glide typing. Play with them.
- Once you are finished, tap Done in the upper-right.
You can set the picture on your iPhone as theme and here is how: follow the above steps 1 and 2. Hit the + icon at the top.
Tap the location and choose the photo you prefer.
Now bring the part of the image you like to set as the theme within the rectangle. After that, tap Choose at the right bottom.
You are in the Customise theme screen now where you can customize the theme as per your liking using the options there.
And once you are done with the customization, make sure to hit the Done at the top right.
In the Gboard, long-press the Gear icon. Hit Settings. The rest is the same as above (except for the first step).