Boot Animation is an animation you would see after the Manufacturer logo when you boot your device.
If you have a rooted Android device, then you can change boot animation on Android.
In this post, we will see the two methods to change boot animation on Android.
The first method is an app which is a quick and easy way and the second method is changing boot animation manually.
Remember, both the methods work only for the rooted Android devices.
I recommend you to create a Nandroid backup before making any changes. Let's get started.
Change Boot Animation on Android
There are many boot animation changer apps available on Play Store. In this post, we will use the Boot Animations app.
- Install and open the app.
- Tap the boot animation that you want to install.
- Now you can see the details of the boot animation. And, tap the boot animation at the top to preview it.
- Tap the + icon and select the install option.
- The app will backup your current boot animation by default. So, you don't have to take backup separately.
- The app will begin installation of new boot animation. Once the installation is completed, you can see the notification on your handset.
- Restart your mobile and enjoy the new boot animation.
If you want to restore your old boot animation, follow the below steps:
- Go to the Menu > Backups.
- Choose the Restore option on your old boot animation.
This app has many settings. Play with them to get the most out of it.
There are different boot animation sizes are available. Make sure that you have downloaded correct and suitable one for your device and save it on your device. Your animation file should be in the Zip format.
A file management app with root access is required to change boot animation manually. In this instance, I am using Root Browser app.
- Install and open the app.
- Go to /system/media (Android boot animation location). You can see the current boot animation zip file.
- Rename bootanimation.zip to bootanimation.zip.bak. Now, you have the backup of the current boot animation.
- Go to the folder that contains new boot animation.
- Rename your new boot animation filename to bootanimation.zip.
- Copy and paste it in this folder /system/media.
- Restart your phone and enjoy your new boot animation.
If the boot animation didn't get changed and still showing old animation, then follow these steps:
- Go to system/media on Root Browser.
- Long press on boot animation file. Choose permissions option.
- Change permissions of boot animation file as same to the permissions of the media folder. If media folder has permission rwxr-xr-x, change the permission of your boot animation file to the same.
- Restart your phone and you can see the new boot animation.
If you want to switch back to old animation, follow these steps:
- Go to /system/media.
- Delete current boot animation file and rename bootanimation.zip.bak to bootanimation.zip.
I hope that the information in this post is useful to you. If you find the information in this post useful, share this post with your friends.