Boot Animation is an animation you would see after the Manufacturer logo when you boot your device. If you have a rooted Android device, then you can change boot animation on Android.
There are two methods to change Android boot animation. The first method is using an app which is a quick and easy way and the second method is changing boot animation manually. Both the methods works only for the rooted Android devices.
I highly recommend you to create a Nandroid backup before making any changes. Let’s get started.
Change Boot Animation by using App
- There are many boot animation changer apps available on play store.
- In this instance, I am using Boot Animations app.
- Install and open app.
- Before changing boot animation, make a backup of your current boot animation.
- To take the backup, Go to Menu > Backup/Restore.
- Choose the Backup option.
- In App’s server section, you can see all boot animations that you can install on your device.
- You can preview only if you buy the full version of the app.
- Choose a boot animation and install it.
- Wait till a popup “install complete” appear on your Android device.
- Restart your mobile and enjoy new boot animation.
That’s it. Your boot animation is changed successfully.
If you want to change your boot animation to old boot animation, just follow the below steps
- Go to the Menu > Backup/Restore.
- Choose the Restore option.
Now, your old animation is restored.
Change Boot Animation Manually
- There are different boot animation sizes are available.
- Make sure that you have downloaded correct and suitable one for your device and save it on your device.
- Your animation file should be in the Zip format.
- A file management app with root access is required to change boot animation manually.
- In this instance, I am using Root Browser app.
- Install and open app.
- Go to /system/media (Android boot animation location).
- You can see the current boot animation zip file.
- Rename bootanimation.zip to bootanimation.zip.bak.
- Now, a backup of the current boot animation is created.
- Go to the folder that contains new boot animation.
- Rename your new boot animation filename to bootanimation.zip.
- Copy and paste it in this folder /system/media.
- Restart your phone and enjoy your new boot animation.
If the boot animation didn’t get changed and still showing old animation, then follow these steps:
- Go to system/media on Root Browser.
- Long press on boot animation file. Choose permissions option.
- Change permissions of boot animation file as same to the permissions of the media folder. If media folder has permission rwxr-xr-x, change the permission of your boot animation file to the same.
- Restart your phone and you can see the new boot animation.
If you want to switch back to old animation, follow these steps:
- Go to /system/media.
- Delete current boot animation file and rename bootanimation.zip.bak to bootanimation.zip.