In this post, we’ll see how to change the boot animation on Android.
Please note that you can follow this post only if you have a rooted Android device.
Take a Nandroid backup before proceeding. Let’s get started.
- Install and open the Boot Animations for Superuser app.
- Hit the X at the top.
- Now, you can see boot animations. Tap the one you prefer.
- Hit the Play icon at the top if you want to preview boot animation.
- If you’re okay with the boot animation, hit the + icon.
- In the pop-up, tap Install.
- After some time, you’ll be asked to provide root permission for the app. Provide it.
- Once the installation is complete, you’ll be notified about it via notification. Restart your mobile.
That’s all. Now, you can see the change.
To get back your default boot animation, follow the below steps:
- Open the Boot Animations for Superuser app.
- Hit three vertical dots at the top > Backups.
- Find your default boot animation and tap the three vertical dots in it. Now, you can see the Restore option. Hit it.
- Restart your mobile, and you can see the change.
Here, we’ll see how to change boot animation manually.
- Install and open the File Explorer Root Browser app. Provide root permission and Storage permission.
- Now, you’ll be in the Root Directory.
- Go to system > media. Now, you can see bootanimation.zip. Rename it to bootanimation.zip.bak.
- Now, go to the folder which contains boot animation you want to use. Rename the boot animation file as bootanimation.zip.
- Copy that file and paste it in the media folder (which you can find within the system folder).
- Now, long-press the bootanimation.zip and then hit three vertical dots at the top.
- Tap Properties > Permissions.
- Select R of Others. Hit the Apply button.
- Reboot your phone.
That’s it. Now, you can see the change.