Android has a lot of customization options. At the same time, there are some limitations too. For instance, we can’t change the name of the android apps shortcuts.
But, with the help of the apps, we can change the icon names on android. There are many ways to change names of the icon on your home screen.
In this post, we are going to discuss 2 simple ways to change icon name on android. Let’s get started.
Change Name of Icon on Android
Some launchers itself has the ability to change icon names which is the simple method. In this instance, I’m using the nova launcher. You can download it from here.
- Install the launcher.
- Long press on the app shortcut in your android home screen.
- Click on the Edit option.
- In the edit shortcut, you can now change the name of the icon.
- After you change the name, click on the done button.
That’s it. You’ve successfully changed the name of the icon on your home screen. But, If you want to change app icon name in the app drawer, follow the below steps.
- Open app drawer.
- Touch and hold the icon of the app for which you want to change the name.
- Drag the icon to edit (at the top) and release your hold on the icon.
- Now, you are in the "edit app" popup, where you can edit the name.
- Change the name as per your wish and click on done button.
Now, you can see the changed icon name in the app drawer.
I tried to change app drawer icon name of both the user and pre-installed apps. It works completely on the pre-installed apps. But, in the case of user installed apps, it didn't work on all the apps. Changing the name works on some user installed apps and in some apps, it didn't work.
The another way to change icon names is using android apps. In this instance, we are going to use the app called “quick shortcut maker”. You can download it from here.
- Open the app.
- Navigate to the applications section.
- There you can see all the apps. Click on the app for which you want to change the name of the icon.
- In the top, you can see the "tap to change label" option. Tap on it.
- In the rename shortcut dialog box, provide the name you want.
- Tap on OK button. Now, click on the create button to create a shortcut with your desired icon name.
That’s it. You should see a shortcut with the name you provided on your android home screen.