You can boot your Android phone into recovery mode (CWM or TWRP) in 3 simple methods. You can use the method you wish. Let's get started.
Boot Your Android Phone into Recovery Mode
In this method, you can boot into recovery mode without any app.
- First power off your Android phone.
- Press the Volume Down, Volume Up and Power button simultaneously for a few seconds.
- Release them now and you can see the list of options.
- Choose recovery mode option.
That's it, your phone will enter into the recovery mode.
The above key combination won't work for all devices. The key combinations may vary. If the above combination didn’t work out for you, then you can try these combinations.
Press the Volume Down and Power button simultaneously for few seconds.
Press the Volume Up and Power button simultaneously for a few seconds.
App [Rooted Device Only]
If you don’t want to use the key combinations, then you can use the apps to boot Android into recovery mode. There are many apps available on the play store. Here, we'll see the Quick Reboot app which makes this task easier.
- Open the app.
- Tap on the "Recovery".
Alternatively, if you’ve installed Xposed on your Android phone, then you can use the GravityBox module to enter into the recovery mode. If you’ve not installed GravityBox, install it for your Android version.
Let’s check it out the steps to do this task with the GravityBox.
- Open GravityBox and Go to "Power tweaks".
- Enable the "Advanced reboot menu".
- Press the Power button.
- Click on "Reboot" option.
- Choose "Recovery". Tap "OK" for the confirmation message.
That’s it. The Android will boot in recovery mode.
You can do this task via computer. Make sure that you’ve enabled USB Debugging on Android and your computer has Android SDK installed.
- Connect your computer and phone via USB cable.
- Go to the platform-tools folder in your computer. The location might be like this
C: > Users > your username > AppData > Local > Android > android-sdk > platform-tools
- Press Shift and Right click in this folder. Select the option “Open command window here”.
- Type the following command
adb reboot recovery
Press Enter and your phone will boot into the recovery mode.
I hope that the information in this post is useful to you. If you find the information in this post useful, share this post with your friends.
How to Boot Your Android Phone into Recovery Mode