If you want to block websites in Android for some reasons, you can do it quickly with the following methods. In this post, we will see two different methods to block websites on Android device. Let's get started.
Block Websites in Android
Method 1In this way, we are going to use “mobile security & antivirus” by trend micro which can block websites. Steps
- Open the app.
- Tap the safe surfing option.
- Click the blocked list option at the bottom.
- Tap the add option.
- Now, give the name[optional] and website URL you want to block(in this instance, it is Facebook).
- The website should be added to the blocked list.
Method 2 [Rooted Device]In this process, we are going to use the hosts file to block websites in Android. Advantages Using this method has two advantages:
- You can't access blocked sites using the proxy.
- You can't access block websites in the private mode too.
- Install and open ES File Explorer.
- Click on the homepage option at the top. In the pop-up screen, choose the “/ Device” option.
- Navigate to etc folder. Tap the hosts file.
- In the popup, select text and choose es note editor.
- Click the pencil icon at the top.
- In this instance, I’m going to block Facebook. You need to add the website you want to block like this [see screenshot].
- Hit the back button and press yes for the confirmation message.
- Restart the mobile.