If you want to block websites in Android for some reasons, you can do it quickly with the following methods.
In this post, we will see two different methods to block websites on Android device. Let’s get started.
Block Websites in Android
In this way, we are going to use “mobile security & antivirus” by trend micro which can block websites.
- Open the app.
- Tap the safe surfing option.
- Click the blocked list option at the bottom.
- Tap the add option.
- Now, give the name[optional] and website URL you want to block(in this instance, it is Facebook).
- The website should be added to the blocked list.
Now, try to open the Facebook, and you’ll see this message.
However, this method has a disadvantage. If you try to access the website (facebook) in the private mode, you can get access to it even though it is on the blocked list.
Method 2 [Rooted Device]
In this process, we are going to use the hosts file to block websites in Android.
Using this method has two advantages:
- You can’t access blocked sites using the proxy.
- You can’t access block websites in the private mode too.
A file manager is required for this method. In this instance, I’m using ES File Explorer, and you can download it from here.
- Install and open ES File Explorer.
- Click on the homepage option at the top. In the pop-up screen, choose the “/ Device” option.
- Navigate to etc folder. Tap the hosts file.
- In the popup, select text and choose es note editor.
- Click the pencil icon at the top.
- In this instance, I’m going to block Facebook. You need to add the website you want to block like this [see screenshot].
- Hit the back button and press yes for the confirmation message.
- Restart the mobile.
That’s it. From your handset, try to open the Facebook, and you’ll get an error message like this.
You can use the same method to block all the websites you want.
The above method blocks the Facebook. But, if anyone directly inputs the m.facebook.com in the browser, it will open the FB even though we blocked the FB. Please refer the following folder to block the website entirely.
If you find the information in this post useful, please do share this post with your friends.
I hope that the information in this post is useful for you to block websites on Android. If you have any questions, let me know in the comments.
- How to Turn Off Data for Certain Apps
- How to Disable App Notifications
- How to Know Android is Rooted or Not