I've already talked about the steps to create a free blog and first blog post on Blogger in our previous post. If you are a beginner, then configuring basic Blogger settings may be a tedious task.
So in this post, we will see the basic settings that you need to configure on Blogger. Let’s get started.
Basic Settings on Blogger that You Need to Configure
Select the blog and go to "Settings".
- Under Basic, you can change the title and description of your blog. Provide the description for your blog which describes your blog content. This blog description will be shown in your blog below blog title.
- The Blogger privacy settings has 2 options; Make sure that the yes is selected for both options.
Posts, Comments and Sharing
- “Show at most” is the number of posts which will be shown on your main page. If you set the value as 2, then 2 posts will be displayed on the main page.
- In the “Comment Location”, make sure embedded is selected. Also, you have the option to use Google+ comments on your blog.
Language and Formatting
- The language option allows you to choose the language in which you want to use your Blogger blog.
- Choose the time zone as per your location.
- I've talked about all the Search Preferences options in this guide; Check it out.
Allow Blog Feed
- “Allow Blog Feed” option is used to select how much content you want to share. Check it out this screenshot which clearly explains each option.
Post Feed Redirect URL
- If you use feed management service like Feedburner, then you need to use this option to redirect your feed.
Post Feed Footer
- If you use ads or third party feed additions, then you can add the code here which will appear after each post. You should set the allow blog feed option to full to use this option.
Google Analytics option allows you track your blog. Check it out this article to add Google Analytics to Blogger.
What's next? Check it out our Blogger Beginner's Guide.