WhatsApp has the option to backup chats to Google Drive. But before doing WhatsApp Google Drive backup, you have to make sure the following:
- A Google account should be activated on your phone.
- Google Play Services should be installed on your phone.
- Enough space to store WhatsApp backup on the Google Drive.
All the above are the minimum requirements specified by the WhatsApp. If you have all those, then you are good to go.
So, you are ready to backup chats to drive and here are the advantages you'll get by doing so:
- You can restore all your WhatsApp chats easily from the Google Drive if your phone is damaged or lost.
- You can also easily transfer your chats to another phone.
Let's dive into the steps to do this.
Backup WhatsApp Chats to Google Drive
That's all. The backup will be stored to drive as per your set up.
Delete Whatsapp Chats Backup on Google Drive
The WhatsApp backup won't be displayed in your Google Drive as a folder.
However, you can see them as "hidden app data" by going to Settings > Manage apps on Google Drive. Remember, you can’t access them manually.
If you want to delete WhatsApp backup from Google Drive, then here are the steps:
- In Google Drive, Go to Settings > Manage apps.
- Click on "Options" besides the WhatsApp backup [See screenshot].
- Click on "Delete hidden app data" and your WhatsApp backup should be deleted from Google Drive.
I hope that the information in this post is useful to you. If you find the information in this post useful, share this post with your friends.