You may lose your messages by accidental delete, apps or it may be any reason. Backing up text messages will always help you to prevent loss of messages. When you have a backup, there is no chance of losing your text messages.
The SMS backup & restore app is used to backup and restore text messages on android. This app has so many options and you can begin to explore it once you work with it. Let’s check it out how to backup and restore text messages with this app on android.
Steps to Backup Text Messages on Android
In this app, you’ve options to backup the text messages locally or in the cloud (Google drive, dropbox). You can also send the text messages backup to the email. But, you need to install an add-on app for the cloud and email backup options to work.
Let’s first check it out the steps to backup text messages locally.
- Click on the backup button. Now, select the backup folder where your backup file will be stored.
- The backup file will be stored in the XML format. Check the MMS and emoji options if want to include them in the backup.
- Choose all conversations if you want to backup all text messages. Otherwise, choose selected conversations only.
- Now, choose the local backup only option. The backup process will begin and it should backup all the text messages on android.
- However, it is important to note that you may lose your backup file if it is in the local storage. So it is better to keep the backup file in the cloud or email. Keeping the backup in the cloud or email ensures that you can restore the messages even if your phone is lost or damaged.
Let’s check it out the steps to backup text messages and upload it to cloud or email.
- For this feature, you need to install network add-on app in your android. Navigate to preferences > Backup Settings. Click on the email or any cloud backup options. And, it will redirect you to the add-on download page in play store. Install the app.
- Now, go to preference > backup settings. In this instance, I’m choosing to upload the backup file to the google drive. If you’ve not installed in android, download and install it from here.
- Enable the upload to google drive option. Click on google drive settings. Configure the options as per your wish. Click on the test button to test your settings. Once the test is successful, click on the save button.
- Click on the backup button. Choose the local backup and upload. Now, your backup will be stored in the google drive and in phone storage as well.
Steps to Restore Text Messages on Android
To restore text messages from local storage, follow the steps below
- Click on the restore button. And, it will display all the backups available to restore.
- Configure your options and tap ok. Now, your messages are restored successfully.
To restore text messages from the google drive, follow these steps
- Go to your google drive app.
- Go to the backup file. Open it. Now, android will provide a list of apps of which you want to open the file. Choose SMS backup & restore app.
- The backup file is now loaded with the app. Choose the restore options to restore all the files from the backup.
- Alternatively, if you want to restore selective conversations from the backup, choose the view option. select the conversations and restore them.
The delete backups button is used to delete the backup in the local storage.
The delete messages button is used to delete all the messages on the android.
I hope that the information in this post helps you to backup and restore text messages on android. If you have any queries, feel free to ask me via comments. If you find the information in this post useful, please share this post with your friends on facebook, google plus, twitter and sign up to our newsletter.