In this post, we’ll see how to rename a file or folder on Android. In this instance, I’m using Android Pie. Let’s get started.
- Open the Files app.
- Tap “Browse” if you’re not in it already.
- Tap “Internal Storage” or “SD card” at the bottom.
- Select the file or folder you wish to rename.
- Hit overflow menu (three vertical dots) > Rename (which you can find beneath “Copy to“).
- In the popup, provide the name and then hit the “Ok” button.
- How to Move a File or Folder on Android
- How to Hide Files and Folders in Android
- How to Add Home Screen to Android
- How to Show Hidden Files and Folders in Android
- How to Password Protect Files and Folders in Android