Displaying related posts in the blog reduce the bounce rate. It also provides the good user experience to the readers.
There is no inbuilt option to add related posts to Blogger. But, you can add related posts in Blogger with the help of coding or widgets.
In this post, we will see the steps to add related posts [with thumbnails] by using the LinkWithin widget. The LinkWithin has no signup and it's free. Let's get started.
Add Related Posts to Blogger
- Go to LinkWithin website.
- In the right side of the screen, you can see a form.
- Give the email address and blog URL.
- In the platform, choose "Blogger".
- In the width option, you need to choose how many stories you want to display in your blog. In a nutshell, it is the number of related posts that will be shown on your blog.
- Select “My blog has light text on a dark background” if your blog has a similar design.
- After you give all the information, click on "Get Widget" button.
- Click on "Install Widget" link.
- Choose the blog (if you’ve multiple blogs).
- Provide the title for the related post widget.
By default, the LinkWithin widget adds related posts to your homepage and blog posts.
If you want to show related posts on both the homepage and blog posts, then you can proceed to the next step. Otherwise, continue with the following steps.
Remove Related Posts from Homepage
If you want to display the related post within the blog posts only, then follow the below steps
By doing little changes in the template code, you can remove related posts from the homepage.
- Click on "Edit Template" link.
- Replace the code in the "Edit Template" with this code.
- Click on "Add Widget" button.
- In the "Layout" section of the blog, drag and drop the widget as per your need.
- Save and view your Blogger blog.
<b:includable id="main"><b:if cond="data:blog.pageType == "item""><data:content /></b:if></b:includable>
That’s it. The related posts will not be shown on the homepage.
Now, you can see the related posts with thumbnails on your blog. You’ll see the text links instead of thumbnails if your blog posts don’t have the image.
I hope that the information in this post is useful to you. If you find the information in this post useful, share this post with your friends.