Android doesn’t have a Recycle Bin feature. So if you delete a file accidentally, it gets deleted permanently. Adding Recycle Bin feature to Android comes handy in these situations.
You can create Recycle Bin on Android with the help of Dumpster app. Internet connection is not required for this app to work. Also, it is important to note that the app works on both rooted and non-rooted devices. Let’s get started.
Add Recycle Bin to Android
1. Install and open Dumpster app.
2. Accept the terms and conditions of the app.
3. In the “Initial Setup” page, select your desired file types. These are the file types that the Dumpster app will track and save when they are deleted.
There are many other options (some options are premium features) available to configure such as “Auto Clean”.
4. After the configuration is done, click “Next”.
That’s it. From now on, Dumpster will store all the items deleted from your device. Delete a junk file on your Android device to check the app.
To restore a file from Dumpster, follow these steps
- Open Dumpster.
- Select a file that you want to restore.
- Click on Restore button.
Also see: How to Recover Deleted Apps on Android