Not all of the sound formats works on Android, but the following sound formats work well
Download sounds for notifications, alarms, and ringtones. Alternatively, if you wish you can use software (Audacity) or app (Mp3 cutter and ringtone maker) to create custom audio sounds. Let’s get started.
Add Custom Sounds on Android
Method 1 (For Rooted and Non-Rooted Devices)
- Create a folder named “media” in SD card. In media folder, create a folder named “audio”. If the folders are already present on your SD card, then ignore this step.
- In audio folder, create 3 folders named as follows
- Now, place ringtones in ringtones folder, alarms sounds in alarms folder and notification sounds in notifications folder.
- Reboot your phone and you can see that your sounds are listed in the Android sound list.
Method 2 (For Rooted Devices Only)
- Install and open Root Browser (You can use file management app with root access).
- Go to /system/media folder.
- Find and open the audio folder. Now, you can see 3 folders named notifications, alarms, and ringtones.
- Place ringtones, alarms, and notification sounds in the corresponding folders.
- Reboot your phone and you can see your custom sound in Android sound list.