If you want to access your PC files on your Android handset, then you can do it in a minute.
Here are the main benefits of accessing the PC hard disk on Android:
- You can play movies and songs (stored on your PC) on Android without transferring files.
- You can transfer files between PC and Android.
In this post, we will see the simple way which you can use on both the rooted and non-rooted Android devices. Let’s get started.
Access PC Hard Disk on Android
If you have the above requirements, then you are good to go.
- Select the computer hard disk which you want to access from Android (In this instance: E drive).
- Right click on the E drive and select “Properties”.
- Go to “Sharing” tab and click on “Advanced Sharing” button.
- Enable “Share this folder” option.
- By default, it will only provide the “Read” permission. If you want full control, then click on “Permissions” button and select all the options under “Allow”.
- Press “OK” to apply the changes.
Now the E drive is ready to be accessed from Android.
- Go to the ES File Explorer.
- Click on “LAN” option (under Network section).
- Click on “Scan” button. It will list your PC name.
- Tap on your PC name and provide your PC login credentials.
- Now you can see all the drives on your PC.
- Click on E drive and access the files and folders as per your wish.
Only the E drive will be accessible and you can’t access other drives. If you want to access other drives, then enable the sharing on the drives that you want to access.
I hope this post is useful to you. If you find the information in this post useful, share this post with your friends.