If you want to access your PC files on your Android handset, then you can do it in a minute.
Here are the main benefits of accessing the PC hard disk on Android:
- You can play movies and songs (stored on your PC) on Android without transferring files.
- You can transfer files between PC and Android.
In this post, we will see the simple way which you can use on both the rooted and non-rooted Android devices. Let’s get started.
Access PC Hard Disk on Android
If you have the above requirements, then you are good to go.
- Select the computer hard disk which you want to access from Android (In this instance: E drive).
- Right click on the E drive and select “Properties”.
- Go to “Sharing” tab and click on “Advanced Sharing” button.
- Enable “Share this folder” option.
- By default, it will only provide the “Read” permission. If you want full control, then click on “Permissions” button and select all the options under “Allow”.
- Press “OK” to apply the changes.
Now the E drive is ready to be accessed from Android.
- Go to the ES File Explorer.
- Click on “LAN” option (under Network section).
- Click on “Scan” button. It will list your PC name.
- Tap on your PC name and provide your PC login credentials.
- Now you can see all the drives on your PC.
- Click on E drive and access the files and folders as per your wish.
Only the E drive will be accessible and you can’t access other drives. If you want to access other drives, then enable the sharing on the drives that you want to access.
I hope this post is useful to you. If you find the information in this post useful, share this post with your friends.
How to Access PC Hard Disk Drive on Android