In this post, we’ll see how to block someone on WhatsApp (Android and iPhone). Let’s get started.
So What Happens When You Block Someone on WhatsApp?
- The contact you’ve blocked can’t call you. The same is the case for you.
- The message sent by the blocked contact will never be delivered to you. The blocked contact will see a single tick beside the message they sent to you.
- You can’t send a message to the blocked contact until you unblock them.
Blocking a contact will not affect the group chats in any way.
- The blocked contact can’t see last seen, online, status, about and profile picture of yours.
- You can’t see the blocked contact’s last seen, online and status.
With that said, let’s see the steps to block.
- Open WhatsApp. Open the chat of the contact which you wish to block.
- Tap three vertical dots at the top > More > Block (which you can find between “Report” and “Clear chat“).
- In the popup, hit “Block.”
That’s it. All done.
Open the chat of the blocked contact and then hit the three vertical dots at the top. Tap More > Unblock.
- Open WhatsApp.
- Tap three vertical dots > Settings > Account > Privacy > Blocked contacts.
- Hit the “Profile” icon.
- Tap the contact you prefer.
Follow the above steps 1 and 2. Long press the one you wish to unblock. Tap “Unblock (contact name).”
- Open WhatsApp. Tap the “Chats” tab if you’re not in it already.
- Open the chat of the contact you wish to block.
- Tap the contact name at the top.
- Scroll down until you see the “Block Contact” option. Hit it.
- Hit “Block.”
That’s it. All done.
Open the chat of the blocked contact and then tap the name at the top.
Now, scroll down until you see the “Unblock Contact” option. Hit it.
- Open WhatsApp. Hit “Settings” if you’re not in it already.
- Tap Account > Privacy > Blocked.
- Tap “Add New.”
- Select the one you prefer.
Follow the above steps 1 and 2 and then tap the one you wish to unblock. Find and tap the “Unblock Contact” option.
Like this guide? Share it with your friends.
- How to Email WhatsApp Chat
- How to Set Empty WhatsApp Status
- How to Delete WhatsApp Account
- How to Delete Frequently Contacted on WhatsApp
- How to Delete Recent Chats Contacts on WhatsApp